Sunday 21 June 2009

Day 80
Yes, 2 and two-thirds months have passed since I got Art, and now, he is able to feed off my hands. What I mean is, when I handle him on my hands, I can also feed him while he was on my hand. This might sound peculiar because it seems like an ordinary task, but actually, I didn't manage to do it with my roborovski hamters last time. Normally, the hamster would be too afraid or too "shaken" when you handle him, that he doesn't eat the food of your hand when he's taken out of the cage. Maybe it's the curiosity that distracts them from the food, or just basically means that the trust has not been built. So anyways, although this might sound a little mundane, but I take it as an achievement =) Because, normally when I pick up my roborovski with my hands, they just will be too scared or shaken, and when I bring food close to their mouths, they will just ignore it and freeze there. Yep, I guess it's all about the trust. TRUST.

Hamster you scared of me?! If you scared of me... I KILL YOU! msn smileys

No comments:

Post a Comment